Monday, July 12, 2010

Excerpts from my 2003 Diary: PART 1

I didn't think it was possible for me to have been as cool as I was back in the day, but the diary from 2003 of which I recently re-located confirms my maturity, sensible reasoning and intuition as a fourteen year-old living in Burlington, Ontario. The following is from a lovely tan journal given to me by my aunt for Christmas in 2003. Nothing has been altered except for the names of most people. I would also like to point out that I am still in contact with the majority of these people. This specific entry, as you will soon find out, was written on New Year's Day. I discuss a wide variety of events and topics, including the events of the night before, my hopes and dreams to start a rock band, my New Year's resolutions and boys.

"Me and Nicole stayed up talking last night until 4:15 am! It was insane and we got up at like 12:15. Anyways, I am like suddenly obsessed with Rock music (ever since I got the DVD Freaky Friday and ever since I saw the movie School of Rock). It's so much better than that rap crap! And I'm in two rock bands now. It's great. Me, Meg and Alana just formed one called *First Class* (I obviously came up with the name). And me, Ches, Meg, Lo, Cass and John are in one too. I'm actually just pretending to be in one with them, so is Meg. I stayed on the comp for two hours after Alana left, just listening to Rock. I love Three Days Grace!! Anyways, it's a brand new year. A fresh new start. My New Year's resolutions are to lose weight, be true to friends, get a job, manage my time more wisely and to live life to the fullest. Managing my time will be the hardest on the list, especially on days that I have sports. Anyways, Kacey came home from New York today. I got a Louis purse and handbag. They're so fake and you can tell but oh well. I also got a roxy purse, FCUK sweater (soo cool) and a roxy NYC shirt. Kacey got so spoiled, I'm crazy jealous. Anyways, I am so into Dylan. But he's so shy :(. If we go out, he better not be as shy, cause we would never talk. I really want to kiss him, he's so cute! But yah, I have to go read my Anne Frank book for English. I only have three days to finish it and do a book report. Wow, it's 1:35 am! I have to get up sooo early :(. Anyways, I'll write later, might not be until Saturday, I don't know."

I'm glad to know that my priorities in life at age fourteen were to lose weight, be true to friends and live life to the fullest. And manage my time more wisely. Unfortunately, *First Class* did not record any hits or go on tour. However, my friend Carly has a collection of home video recordings of herself, myself and other friends from that era dancing to S Club 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment