Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring has officially arrived at McGill (Warning: VERY offensive)

How do I know this? Because the student body's lesbian population is out in full force. Now that the temperature is warming up and the snow is magically melting away, chick couples have reclaimed their positions on the steps of the Arts Building, lower field and a plethora of other locations on campus. They are everywhere. I am not against gay people, I truly believe that they are real people, with real emotions and that they should not be discriminated against for their lifestyle choices. However, this does not mean that I want to see lesbian lovers sucking face under the sunshine in between classes. I am already extremely caught off guard when two grown women are holding hands, and it isn't until I remind myself that these two women are just looking to find happiness and love, that I am able to compose myself. However, kissing is an entirely different story- there is just something nauseating about two chicks tonguing it. And because these carpet-munching couples are typically cultural studies students (sorry guys!), their appearances are slightly eccentric and they are quite easy to spot in a crowd- you know, usually wearing black, only wearing one earring in the form of some feather, military boots (so stereotypical- I know) and they probably don't shave. And because it is warmer out, they are more than likely broadcasting their hairy limbs. But all this hatred goes back to my whole issue with PDA- no one needs to see it. Despite the fact that society has made great strides in accepting, or at least making the effort to turn a blind eye to lesbian and gay couples, some people in society are rude and cruel and believe that they have the right to abuse, harass and discriminate against gay people. It is for this reason why I believe gay people should restrain from petting, lip-locking and canoodling on campus. Despite the fact that I would personally benefit from this, I think that the benefits are far more superior for same-sex couples. In getting it on privately, same-sex couples can avoid having food thrown at them, hateful stare-downs and being called horrible names. So REALLY, I am just looking out for these people. Warm weather and melting snow should not serve as justification for same-sex PDA. It serves as justification for me enjoying ice cream on Toonie Tuesdays and skipping french class. So if you are a girl, who is into another girl, and if you haven't already thrown rocks at me, then please refrain from smooching your dykey date. K Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment