Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why people are just dumb.

It was my 21st birthday last weekend and I have to admit it was one of the best birthdays ever. Unlike last year, when I turned twenty and my mom gave me polka dot rubber gloves and cookie cutters, this year I got some very nice presents. Gifts aside, it was just a great day. Crosby won the gold medal for men's hockey at the Olympics, I went out for a delicious steak dinner with my mom, and my cat didn't throw up. However, there was one thing in particular that did spoil my birthday. I am a serious facebooker and I was satisfied to be receiving notifications of people writing on my wall wishing me a happy birthday. The posts were great and made me feel all warm inside, except some of the posts were very strange and unusual. Some people, whose names will remain a secret for their own sake, spelt my name wrong. I really do not understand how something like that could happen. Not only does my name "Jaime" appear in at least ten different and very visible locations on my facebook profile, but my name was more than likely in nine out of ten posts already there. It is simply a mystery to me. Of all days to spell my name wrong! The posts might as well have said, "Happy birthday, julia! Have a great day! Sincerely, the girl who doesn't really like you or herself enough to write your name correctly on a public profile." And half of the people who couldn't get it together and spell my name correctly on my BIRTHDAY are university students. I wonder if they spell their names incorrectly on assignments and exams. Anyways, the point is, you have to be pretty fucking retarded to spell someone's name incorrectly on their facebook profile. I may have thought that Haiti was in Africa, but I sure know how to spell people's names correctly, espeically when they are right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment