Monday, March 15, 2010

Whistling and other sounds that bother me.

I hate whistling. I don't care how well somone can "carry a tune," whistling is hands down one of the most annoying sounds created by the homo sapien. I can't even begin to describe the pain I wish to cause someone who is whistling. It is old-fashion, gay, and oh yah, fucking annoying. A man just came into my place of employment whistling at an unnecessarily loud volume. I wanted to punch him. He was already an annoying customer, seeing as he came into the store in the first place, asked for some McGill discount (those do not exist unless) and on top of everything was WHISTLING while talking to me. I was THIS close to "politely" asking him to shut the fuck up, but then he asked to see a pair of workout gloves my store sells. Anyways, he finally bought his shorts and left the store. Unfortunately, I will now be haunted by the sound of his whistle for the remainder of my shift. Whistling is only one of the many human sonances that drives me insane. I hate human sounds in general- my ears are extremely sensitive and pick up every sound around me. Conviently, I also have a very short temper and humanly sounds are not conducive to keeping me calm and collected. If you're wondering what kind of "sounds" I am referring to, then you probably make them and I secretly want to punch you in the stomach. The ultimate worst human noise in the world is the smacking of one's gum. There is nothing (with the exception of rich people who dress foolishly and wear bejeweled Ed Hardy clothing) that upsets me more. I can hear it a mile away and until it ceases to exist, that sound will be the only thing I hear and I will not be able to focus on anything else. I seriously believe that today's education curriculums should consist of a class on etiquette, just the basics, nothing too extreme. Some of the lessons would include "how to politely chew your gum and avoid people around you wanting to inflict physical pain on your body" or "how to talk and chew food separetly" or "how to breathe normally" or "how to shower." The last one does not really relate to human sounds, but it remains to be a serious issue in society today. Another sound that is devastatingly bothersome is heavy feet. Heavy feet can and do ruin my day. The people who live above me walk around their apartment as if they have bricks tied to the bottom of their feet. And they are constantly scurrying! Someone walking to the bathroom should not wake me up, unless that person is blind and tripped over something and fell on the ground. This post is making me uneasy, so I'm going to have to end it here. Moral of the story, however: 1)Don't whistle, ever, no matter what. If you are in a good mood about something, just smile- it doesn't make any noise and if you're attractive and have had braces, then it might even be a treat for someone. 2)If you're going to chew gum then make sure I cannot hear it. It seriously gives me anxiety and you sound like a cow. 3)Pretend you are sneaking out of the house every time you walk anywhere- espeically inside. Or go buy really thick slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment